Monday, October 16, 2017

Magic Mirror

Mr Librarian
Many moons ago when I was young(er), I loved to watch Romper Room.  OK, I liked to watch Wonderrama, too, and I just knew I could win those great prizes if only my folks would take me to be on the show.  Never happened.  Anyway, there was this one part on Romper Room where the lady whips out this mirror that was magic.  Well, it had to be magic because when she looked in it it got all funky swirly and then it went clear and doggone it if she couldn't see kids from all over the world and actually talk to them.  Dang but she must have been a Librarian.  I mean she wouldn't just say their name but she'd tell them stuff that they should (and shouldn't) be doing.  Yep, she must have been a Librarian because she knew so much.

The thing is I can really relate to the woman on Romper Room because I know lots of stuff, too.  As an omnipresent Law Librarian, I, too, know what you need and how to help you (or when to back off).  In fact, Librarians know so much because we work with people day in and day out solving their problems.  

Take, for example the guy who was looking to sue his doctor. Seems doctor had prescribed Xanax (an anti-anxiety drug). Seems doctor had given guy the wrong dose and now guy was hooked beyond compare.  Guy was now looking to sue doctor for malpractice so I walked him over to:
Then there was the the young mother whose kid was getting beat up at school.  Always an advocate for the underdog, I led young mother over to the education section to look at:
Finally, we have a middle-aged guy who was looking to protect his family.  Seems middle-aged guy had had a house built.  Seems the construction company let the wood frame get pretty wet because after guy's family moved in, the kids started getting sick and wife was cranky all the time (well, wife was probably cranky before but what with litigation and all, might as well lump it all together).  So, guy had an "expert" come into his home and "expert" finds mold ALL over the place.  No wonder kids are sick.  Anyway, guy flies into the law library looking for information on "how to nail those son of a #$!^%!@$%" and in no time, I had middle-aged guy perusing 
Yep, you have the questions, we have the answers.  So head on over to your local county law library so we can start with helping you because just like Burger King - special orders don't upset us.

No comments:

Post a Comment